Russells International Circus, Sutton Road, Trustthorpe, Mablethorpe
Terms and Conditions
* There will be fourteen categories within the championships. Amateur Lyra
Amatuer/Youth Open Double
Professional/Instructor Open Dbles
* To enter amateur categories participants must not have made money from the discipline in any way. This
includes instructing and performing.
* To enter instructor categories participants must not have performed professionally on any aerial apparatus. Any person who has undergone instructor training of any aerial discipline must enter instructor level categories.
* Participants are permitted to use their own equipment. All equipment will be safety checked prior to the start
of the competition. If you are providing your own equipment, you must also provide all carabineers, swivels
and strops to attach it to the single point.
* The only equipment that will be provided by the championships is a 95cm 0 point lyra, a 95cm two point lyra, 65cm static trapeze, and 8m silks. If you do NOT want to perform on those items, please ensure you bring your own.
* Participants will not be permitted to use equipment that is not deemed to be safe or correctly rigged.
* Silks must be mounted on a silks hook or a figure 8.
* If a double point apparatus is going to be used, a paw plate or spreader bar must be supplied by the competitor.
* Participants levels and experience will be taken into account when judging.
* Participants must be 14 years and over to enter all categories except YOUTH and AMATEUR DOUBLES. Participants aged 8-
* All Under 18 competitors must have a parent or guardian responsible for them at all times. This includes when performing.
* A spotter is permitted ringside for all youth competitors.
* A Crash mat will be provided and all youth and amateur competitors are advised to use one. If you choose not to then you do so at your own risk.
* Please ensure you only perform moves you are competent and confident to execute.
* If at any time during your performance you do not feel safe, you are free to stop the activity.
* Entrants must not be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
* Entrants must be fit to perform and must warm up prior to their audition.
* Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any participant they believe to be acting in a unprofessional manor.
* All amateur entries must be a minimum of 2 minutes and no longer than 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
* All instructor and professional entries must be a minimum of 3 minutes and no longer than 4 minutes 30
* All Doubles entries must be a minimum of 2 minutes and no longer than 4 minutes 30 seconds.
* All youth entries must be a minimum of 2 minutes and no longer than 3 minutes 30 seconds.
* Competitors music choice should be submitted to us at least 7 days prior to the audition date.
* Profanities will not be permitted within your music choice. Nor will excessive vulgarity or other offensive
* Any props, glitter or any other substance must be pre approved by both the competition organisers and the venue owners so please notify us ASAP if you intend to use anything in your act.
* By participating in the UK Aerial Performance Championships you are declaring you are aware of the risks involved in aerial activities and are responsible at all times for your own safety.
I have read and understand the terms and conditions and entry criteria, by participating in this event I hereby waive and release any and all rights and claims I may have for damages against UK Aerial Performance Championship, Russells International Circus or their sponsors, agents or representatives for any injuries that may be suffered by attending or participating in this competition.
Signed ………………………………………………………… Date:……………………………………….